State and Local Tax
“The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax”–Albert Einstein
There are 50 States and each jurisdiction wants their share of taxes, and they all have their own rules. The tax and compliance burden can easily overwhelm. KBF’s State and Local Tax professionals provide a wide range of services to help reduce your tax burden and help you manage taxes at all of your operating locations. Whether you need assistance with income and franchise taxes, sales and use taxes, tax controversy support or other areas, our professionals are here to help.
Our State and Local Tax Services include the following:
- Income and franchise tax services
- Creation and implementation of tax-saving strategies and corporate structures to comply with state tax requirements and reduce state tax burdens. Resources to mount an effective defense in the event of an audit.
- Nexus analysis and planning
- Income tax compliance
- Tax controversy assistance — Identification of tax overpayments, help in negotiating with auditors and representation in examinations
- Identification of tax overpayments or significant exposure for underpayments while reducing administrative burden.
- Sales and use tax nexus analysis and planning
- Specific transaction consultation
- Review of the existing compliance system and taxability determinants, preparation and delivery of compliance manuals, training of employees tailored to company tax compliance needs
- Audit defense and negotiations with the states